Dingle Film Walks
On Location Film Walk
As an award-winning filmmaker and industry expert I have been extremely fortunate to spend time with incredible people in an incredible environment. When I welcomed back Sarah Miles (Rosie Ryan from Ryan’s Daughter) in 2007, I revisited locations with her and began to see how others might enjoy this experience. I am now offering a guided walk to sites such as the Old Schoolhouse in David Lean’s iconic Ryan’s Daughter and Disney’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Far and Away starring Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman.
I will personally be taking you on a guided loop walk taking in key locations from the film Ryan’s Daughter, including; The Old School House, The Bus Stop and The Barracks; enjoying Epic Views of the magnificent Ceann Sibéal, the location of Star Wars: The Last Jedi; and pay a visit to Clogher Head, the location for the village from Ron Howard’s Far & Away, with stunning views around the peninsula and onto Clogher Beach. With my own in-depth knowledge of both film and the landscape, you will come to understand precisely why this Peninsula continues to enchant the movie industry since its birth as a prime film location in 1968.
Sunset Film Walk
I am delighted to offer this walk and to guide you and your group on a private loop walk at sunset, taking in key locations from Ryan’s Daughter; The Old School House, The Bus Stop and The Barracks. Epic Views of Ceann Sibéal (Star Wars) and Clogher Beach (Far & Away and Ryan’s Daughter). End the experience by watching the sun setting to the West, overlooking The Great Blasket Islands, with a warm drink. I will also take your photo in this very special location, sealing the memory of this experience to take away home.
This experience will allow time to reflect on the location and to quietly take in the landscapes and views.
- In the summertime, the walk begins at 7.30pm and takes 2.5hours
- Example of Sunset/Golden Hour in July is 8pm-9.30pm
High-Res Photos of you and your group taken at a spectacular viewing point and shared with you afterwards in email or WhatsApp.
- Selection of Tea, Coffee or Hot Chocolate to enjoy at the viewing point at the end of walk.
Highlights of both walks Include:
- Maurice Galway | Filmmaker | Festival Director | Gregory Peck Award Recipient | Fáilte Ireland Ambassador Award Recipient
- Authentic Ireland | connecting with nature and the elements | breathtaking views on The Dingle Way
- Unique Walking Experience | walking tour of historical film locations | insights from the film industry directly from Maurice’s own experiences
- Experienced Walking Guide | local knowledge of the peninsula |in-depth knowledge of the landscape
- Film Locations | Far & Away Village | the old Schoolhouse | the British Barracks | the bus stop |
- Iconic Movies | Ryan’s Daughter | Far and Away | Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Inside Stories | movie industry connections with some of the Hollywood greats | get the inside track
- Behind the Scenes | get inside information on the making of each film on the Peninsula | untold stories
- Safety | Make memories while staying safe | Covid Safety Charter
After Dinner Talk
I am available to make a presentation on Film in Kerry to your group at any time. Please feel free to request a booking for an after lunch or after dinner talk.
No limit to audience/group – price on request Durations: 20-30mins/45-60mins
Book Now by emailing Maurice direct at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling direct 087 9139962